Monday, July 26, 2010

Comic Con 2010

I got home from San Diego last night around midnight and am trying to recover from the exausting week.

Here is a breakdown of what we had going on.
Thursday:
Directly following a screening of The Action Heroes Guide to Saving Lives starring Patrick Warburton, my film, The Danger Element screened at the Comic Con international film festival. It was followed up by a Q and A session with myself and my crew including actor Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), fellow Westhavenbrook founder Justin Spurlock and Composer Glen Gabriel, who traveled out here from Sweden just to spend the week with us.


The Danger Element was followed by a film made by Phil Tippett, who introduced it himself. That was kind of surreal.

Saturday:
Screening of our web series, GO SUKASHI!
The panel included our producer, Doug TenNapel, co-creators and directors, Justin Spurlock and myself, and our actress, Brooke Brodack, who was also in town for the screening of another film she acted in that you might have heard of: THE HOUSE THAT DRIPS BLOOD ON ALEX.
I also spent part of the day filming my material for the Kevin MacDonald documentary, LIFE IN A DAY.

Throughout the course of the week we were able to get DVDs and pitch material into the hands of Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy), Zach Snyder (Director of 300 and Watchmen), Gerard Way (writer of one of my favorite books, UMBRELLA ACADEMY and lead singer of My Chemical Romance), and Guillermo Del Toro (director of Pan's Labyrinth and the Hellboy films).
So if any of those guys are reading this, I'm waiting for your phonecall!

On that note, I think I am going ot go pass out for like 20 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment